Victoria’s Secret Angels’ Beauty Secrets

Ever since 1995, Victoria’s Secret angels were the ones who stole the spotlight on every Victoria’s Secret fashion show. It can make us wonder what kind of beauty secrets they have since they always look their best. We know Cleopatra was bathing in milk and honey. She would mix milk of a young donkey with honey and almond oil taking a couple of donkeys with her every time she travelled. In today’s context, beauty is a result of three not so extravagant things: a healthy diet, regular exercises and organic cosmetics. Three fashion models, Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bündchen and Candice Swanepoel do not hesitate to share their beauty routines with the rest of the world.

Miranda Kerr

Miranda studied nutrition and health psychology before taking up modelling. So, it does not come as a surprise that some of her favourite meals are cold-pressed soups and soaked nuts. Cold-pressed soups are made with whole, raw ingredients packed with all necessary nutrients. On the other hand, by soaking nuts in water, you neutralize the enzyme inhibitors and toxins, reduce tannins, increase the amounts of vitamins and break down gluten. If you would like to try one of her recipes, make sure you use organic ingredients, like the ones you can find in Honest To Goodness products.
For an interview for Vogue Australia in January, she made a remark: “Why wouldn’t you give your body the best chance to function at its optimum?” This is the reason she drinks a glass of warm water with the juice of half an organic lemon each morning. The mixture improves digestion and boosts immune system. Before taking a shower, she does dry brushing, an old-age technique to improve circulation, detoxify your body and aid lymphatic drainage. On top of that, her workout regime consists of Pilates, Yoga and ballet.

She avoids applying toxic beauty products, so she launched an organic beauty product line called Kora Organics. She is a qualified holistic health practitioner.

Gisele Bündchen

One of the Forbes’ most powerful women in the world, Gisele Bündchen revealed in a 2014 interview for Vogue UK that she does not drink soda at all. She eats healthy food not only for herself, but for her kids, as well, so that they can follow her example. As Kerr, Bündchen loves homemade lemonades, containing lemons, fresh aloe, coconut nectar and water. Allen Campbell, her personal chef said that he only uses the freshest organic vegetables and whole grains making up 80% of her diet, while the other 20% is lean meat, such as steak, duck and chicken.
When she was younger, Bündchen participated in gymnastics, ballet and volleyball. Now she practices Kung Fu and Yoga in addition to having fitness classes. “The important thing is how good I feel after exercising. When I don’t feel that my day was incomplete”, she explains.

Brazilian model is an environmental activist who launched a line of skincare products Sejaa Skincare, containing only natural ingredients with as little impact on the environment as possible. Bündchen sparked a controversy stating that “I cannot put this poison [the sunscreen] on my skin… I do not use anything synthetic”. She later clarified that her natural sunscreen does not have SPF because there is not a natural SPF available and when using sunscreens she chooses the ones not containing parabens, oxybenzone PABA and retinyl palmitate.

Candice Swanepoel

This may sound surprising, but Swanepoel claims that even though she only eats fresh food taking care of her healthy lifestyle, she does not restrict calorie intake while preparing for the fashion show. During her appearance on Fox & Friends in 2014, she said: “Everyone’s different. Everyone’s body is different. I have to eat a lot more to be able to work out a lot more.”
She loves boxing, Pilates and running. The South-African beauty joined her colleagues in Train like an Angel campaign and revealed her work-out regime when she prepares for the fashion show. Also called Flamingo due to her long legs, Swanepoel says she does Yoga when she gets tired of boxing as Yoga keeps her mind quiet.

The model does not have her own skincare product line, but she is aware of toxic ingredients found in cosmetics, so she uses a natural face wash made of tea tree oil and green tea as well as organic coconut oil for taking her makeup off.

All three Victoria’s Secret Angels promote natural beauty. For them, beauty comes within, which is, at the end of the day, the most important advice they can give us.

One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s